"I feel empowered to take care of my body simply through food. Barb led our RESTART class graciously, and is a wealth of knowledge. She was always willing to meet me where I was at in my process while encouraging me to go farther." - Lindsay
Part nutritional education, part sugar detox, and part group support - an empowering combination! The 5-week RESTART Program is a simple, powerful way to give your body a vacation from having to process toxins like sugar. With a 3-week sugar detox built right in, the program focuses on how to use REAL FOOD to boost your energy and cut sugar and carb cravings. Discover how good you can feel!
Current & Upcoming Classes:
- In Person Class: Tuesdays September 12 - October 10 from 6:30-8pm. We meet at Hyatt Training in NW Portland (1622 NW 15th Ave, Portland, OR 97209). Investment: $189 ($10 off until 8/31 using coupon code EARLYREG)
- Online Class: Mondays October 16 - November 13 from 8:30 - 10 am PT. We meet using Google Hangouts with video conferencing. Investment: $189 ($10 off until 9/30 using coupon code EARLYBIRD)
- In Person Class: Tuesdays October 17 - November 14 from 6:30-8pm. We meet at Hyatt Training in NW Portland (1622 NW 15th Ave, Portland, OR 97209). Investment: $189 ($10 off until 9/30 using coupon code EARLYBIRD) *We'll meet Monday 10/30 instead of Tuesday 10/31 due to Halloween*
Registration cost includes 5 class sessions, cookbook containing 100% compliant recipes, addition to closed Facebook group for mid-week support and all necessary class materials.
Want to request a RESTART® Program class at another time (in person or online)? Let me know about it!
What will I learn?
- LOTS of easy recipes that are delicious and 100% sugar-free
- Strategies for navigating restaurant menus, work lunches, and parties
- Tips on shopping while avoiding sugar
- How digestion works and why that impacts how you feel
- Confidence in reading food labels and making decisions at the store
- Why sugar impacts everything from our mood to our sleep to our weight
- Why fats matter to health and which ones to choose
What is the class format?
Each class is 90 minutes. We start by giving each participant a chance to share what's working well, ask for tips, recipes, or input on what's not working well, and vent a little if needed. :) I teach on a nutrition topic each week (such as digestion, blood sugar regulation, or healthy fats), leaving plenty of time for questions. We may also do other exercises like relaxation, intention setting, or DIY food sensitivity testing.
What have past participants said?
"This has been one of the best things I have done for myself. I have learned so much! Barb was a wonderful teacher – I felt supported and encouraged the whole time." ~ Priscilla
"RESTART changed my life for the better. I have more energy and a new positive outlook on life." ~ Justin
"I loved this class!! The material was easy to understand and very interesting – especially how blood sugar regulation affects the body." ~ Celeste
"This was overall a great program and I would recommend it to anyone who needs a jumpstart to changing their diet in a healthy and informed way!" ~ Susie
"I liked feeling in control of what I bought and prepared. I learned some great new info that I’d been misled about by American culture." ~ Ann
"I am greatly elated to share that only after a full week of following the RESTART program my headaches disappeared, I was sleeping well, and overall much calmer. My husband even commented on the difference in my mood. I feel empowered to take care of my body simply through food. Barb led graciously, and is a wealth of knowledge. She was always willing to meet me where I was at in my process while encouraging me to go farther. I’d recommend the RESTART program to anyone who is willing to make changes and embrace a different relationship with food. I believe even more so now that food can heal, and feel inspired to keep learning more!" ~ Lindsay